NEWS ***** march/april 2013 *****
- Online Store - we now have range of handprinted, letterpress numerical cards avaialble at our online store. At 'critical reclaim' you will find all our best reclaimed, recycled and upcycled pieces - from furniture to lighting, random things to industrial salvage, including all of our special studio designed bits and bobs, many of which are special or limited editions. Stuff we love and we know you'll love too.
- Fixperts- we are big supporters of the repairing rather than discarding movement, and have been working as Master Fixperts to support a group of BSc Product Design Students at Sussex University to create some 'fixing' projects for the great Fixperts website. Check out the Fixperts website for more information and see the brilliant Sussex Uni film here.
- the plans for the redevelopment of the landscape to the rear of the Brighthelm Centrein Brighton, into a sustainable 'lung' to compliment the forthcoming plans for the main building are progressing well, with the scheme recently being submitted for Planning.
This new landscape will feature native edible hedges, vegetable, herb and flower growing, an orchard and a flexble central building which has been nicknamed 'the box'.
- We have also been working with the team at The Bevy - a derelict pub in Brighton which is bidding to be one of the first community owned pubs, to develop their plans for the space as they start to look for funding. We have now completed the outlines for the interior layout of the scheme and the team are progressing the reasearch into funding streams to get the project built.
- Our studio move continues. We have finally outgrown our current home and are moving to a new studio that we are converting from an old decommissioned Brighton Council toilet block into an eco hub. Our new studio will also feature our workshop, an area showing our latest products and salvaged furniture finds and our eco materials library.
We are currently also writing a list of the day design courses we will be running - 'Creating the eclectic interior', 'Starting your own kitchen garden', and 'Using salvaged materials' are already pencilled in. Email us if you want to be on our mailing list to hear first when dates are released.
We are aiming to be in our new home from April 2013 and will have new team members joining us, so we will be able to offer graphic design as well as our interior design and landscape design services.
- Pop-up shop design service available.Want a short term yet high impact and eco friendly pop-up shop or pop-up space? Well, we now offer a quick turn around service for pop-up clients - concepts to sourcing to installation - drop us a line to discuss your requirements.
- Social Media and Blog.