NEWS ***** jan 2015*****
- OUR NEW WEBSITE IS NEARLY HERE! yep - we are in the process of migrating our website to a new location - to see a sneaky peek of our new look you can visit it here...
- we are pleased to announce that our retail design project, hiSbe, which stands for how it Should be, and is the first of the truly ethical supermarkets, is going from strength to strength and turned 1 in december.
Featuring dry dispenser and pod areas created from reclaimed Palace Pier deck boards and metal poles, yoghurt pot surfacing and upcycled furniture, hiSbe has been designed to be a sleek and modern, yet welcoming space with stories and character.
The full project features on our new website being launched in early 2015...
Want a sneaky peek of the store design? Take a look at the hiSbe Pinterest board for photos of the project.
- we were featured in the Guardian Weekend edition on 8th June, in the 'Live Green, Live Better' pull out talking about alternative ways to create a green interior - read it online here.
- Online Store At 'critical reclaim' you will find all our best reclaimed, recycled and upcycled pieces - from furniture to lighting, random things to industrial salvage, including all of our special studio designed bits and bobs, many of which are special or limited editions. Stuff we love and we know you'll love too.
- Fixperts- we are big supporters of the repairing rather than discarding movement, and have been working as Master Fixperts to support a group of BSc Product Design Students at Sussex University to create some 'fixing' projects for the great Fixperts website. Check out the Fixperts website for more information and see the brilliant Sussex Uni film here.
- We have moved! We have finally outgrown our current home and have moving to a new studio that we converted from an old decommissioned Brighton Council toilet block into an eco hub. Our new studio features our workshop, an area showing our latest products and salvaged furniture finds and our eco materials library.
We are currently also writing a list of the day design courses we will be running - 'Creating the eclectic interior', 'Starting your own kitchen garden', and 'Using salvaged materials' are already pencilled in. Email us if you want to be on our mailing list to hear first when dates are released.
- Social Media and Blog.